Friday 5 December 2014

Dare to kiss (The Maxwell series Book One) By S.B.Alexander



After a move clear across the country, only two things matter to Lacey—overcome her PTSD and make Kensington High’s baseball team. But trying out for the team comes with complications—the captain, Aaron Seever, doesn’t want a girl on the team. 

Adding to her new life, she never counted on meeting someone who wants her as badly as Kade Maxwell. The tall, sexy and drool-worthy bad boy has a magical touch that awakens her feminine side, and a kiss that slowly erases her nightmares. But getting involved with him may be dangerous when Kade’s arch-nemesis returns to town to settle a vendetta. 

To complicate matters, her PTSD has taken a turn for the worse. She has to find a way to push away the demons otherwise she may not have a chance at anything in life.


OMG....... How the hell have I never read this book before now or even heard of it. Jesus christ this book is soooooo good. 
If your a fan of Tijan's Fallen crest series then this is the one to read after I swear. I'm a huge fan and I cannot wait for the author to publish the second book. 

I really connected to this book on so many levels. Lacey is such a strong character although she would never agree with my assessment. She thinks she's weak because she suffers from PTSD after finding her mother and sisters murdered bodies at home. I'v only ever read one book where a character has PTSD before this one and I have to say, this one is so much more detailed. I looked up PTSD to read about it as the book I'd read before never really explained much about it.This book though gives you an outline of what it is and why she has her triggers etc. 
It was Lacey having her first episode that made me fall in love with Kade. He was with her dropping her home when she had it and omg, I fell in love with him then. No wait, it was when he pulled her into the janitors room at the school then continued to whisper words against her mouth. It was an extremely intimate moment and very hot.

Then it gets better, Kade isn't the only Maxwell, he also has triplet brothers. Jesus, three of them, all with different personalities and extremely hot looks. I was done for. They all have great names too, Kade, Kross, Kody, and Kalten. Hopefully I spelled those right LOL 

Anyway, the story is about Lacey trying to overcome her PTSD by starting up her baseball again. Only, at the new school secrets are hidden around the baseball team. It seems they don't like girls on their team. Well one person in particular, Aaron. I hated him from the first moment I saw him. I couldn't stand him. 
As the story gets on Lacey is threatened, if she makes the baseball team, then Aaron is personally going to see to it she never plays again. So not only is she trying to fight her PTSD, get over the fact another girl trying out looks like her dead sister, she has to worry about petty little boys who are scared about getting bested by a girl. She has a lot of spunk to fight back, but something tells me she's going to need a lot more spunk for they have installed. A comment ne of the bitchy girls said to her has stuck with me. 

''I know more than you think,'' she sneers.'' 

I wonder if she knows about her PTSD and is going to use it against her. Only time will tell. 

The ended kind of disappointed me. Though I'm glad it ended the way it did because we won't read the next one until spring next year. I just wished there was a cliffhanger or something. I won't be forgetting this book any time soon and might even get another read of it before the next book is due out. 

5 smashing *

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment