Thursday 13 November 2014

Where the darkness lies (Criminals of the ocean #2) By Bella Jewel



Anger and pain brought them together, but their passion might just set them free.
Dimitri wants only one thing: revenge. His stepfather, Hendrix, has caused him nothing but pain and heartache. At last Dimitri can take something—someone—important to Hendrix and make him pay: Jess.
Jess is feisty and strong headed. Her past haunts her and connects her to the dangerously dark Dimitri in an unexpected way. Dimitri keeps his secrets locked deep inside, and Jess is drawn to this broken man like no one before.
With little to cling to besides their haunting pasts, both could have been doomed to lives spent raging against the darkness that holds them prisoner. Instead, it seems that as their pain draws them closer together, it is their desire and combustible passion that will set them free.
Where Darkness Lies is a sizzling romance and the second book in the popular Criminals of the Ocean series.

Well well well, what can I say? I really don't know how to describe the book to you other than it was freaking awesome. 
I couldn't put it down. Like literally. I felt like I was going to miss out on something if I did lol. 
Bella Jewel really knows how to surprise you to because I thought I had the book planned out in my head, then bam, something else happened instead. 
There were so many times I was literally hanging on to the edge of my seat, shitting myself on what was going to happen. I loved it. 

I felt so much for both characters. Usually when two people, both with traumatic backgrounds get together i see it heading for disaster, but with Demiti and Jess all I see is broken perfection. They are so right for each other yet completely wrong and yet they make it work for one another. 

In book one Jess is reserved, laid back and keeps to herself and doesn't fight back or stand up for herself. Whereas in this book we see a strong, witter side to her and I prefer this side to her. I liked how she made me laugh, made me cry and the way she held herself throughout her kidnapping journey. Most would have crumbled, but some how her strength kept me wanting more of her story. 

It was the same with demitri. When we get a glimpse of his story in the first book I never would have guessed what had actually happened to him happened. It made me sick to my stomach. 
One part in the book he tells himself he's weak because of the way he let revenge consume him, but he has the right to feel how he wants to feel. Everyone copes differently to small things to big things. There is no right or wrong way to act. Especially people in such a traumatic background like his. Most people would block it out their mind, close off, kill themselves, so I don't think he needed to judge the way he thought about himself. 
I do however believe his anger was aimed at the wrong person. I don't believe Hendrix deserved his hate, his anger or his revenge. To me, his mother and the people that did what they did deserved it. 
Such a well written book with so many twists and turns throughout. 

Loved it. 

5* wish I could rate it more. I do hope there will be more to the Criminals of the Ocean series. 

Follow This Blog!

2 comments:

  1. do you know where to get free e-book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This isn't a free E-Book but amazon do a list of free ebooks

      Delete