Sunday 9 November 2014

The Wager (The Bet #2) By Rachel Van Dyken



What is it about a junior-high crush that can send an otherwise intelligent woman into a tailspin? TV reporter Char Lynn wishes she knew. Jake Titus is too rich, too handsome, too arrogant: a trifecta that once lured Char into the best night-and worst morning-after-of her life. Now they've been thrown together in a wedding party. It's awkward, but survivable . . . until Jake stops acting like a jerk, and starts acting like the man she'd always hoped he could be.

If watching your brother marry your best friend is weird, being attracted to your best friend's other best friend is downright bizarre. Unfortunately for Jake, Char hasn't forgotten how he once tossed her aside. Worse still, Jake's already-nutty grandma is even crazier about Char. Cue meet-cute shenanigans and all manner of meddling, and somehow, Jake's falling. For Char. Now all he has to do is make her believe it . . .


Just when I thought Grandma couldn't get any sneaker, she went and made a wager. aha. 
I never thought I'd enjoy a book with Jake as the male lead, but I did. We actually see the real Jake in this novel. He's more than just a whore. He's actually funny and smart. 
Char and Jake actually know each other from their childhood also and yet again the famous Jake Titus takes a girls virginity and leaves, only with Char he leaves a thankyou note. No wonder she hates him and does what she does on the plain. 
I'm telling you hilarious. There's this one part that had me in freaking stitches, I mean, I was literally crying with laughter it had made me laugh that hard. She had met Jake at the airport who had brought one of his.. ah-um, whores, with him when they bump into grandma. This little snippet of the conversation had me crying. 

"Sweet heart, I'm the one with hearing aids, not you. I called you a whore. Would you like me to spell it for you to? she nudged Jake. "what did you do? find her at a high school career film?'' and then in a horrifyingly loud voice she began spelling W H O R E.''

There is obviously more to this than this little bit, but it's so funny. Can you imagine your 85 year old nan shouting this in an airport? LOL too funny 

The whole book is humorous and I found this even more funnier than the first in the series. Gram had them on a wild goosechase doing their best man and maid of honor duties. 
It didn't help, grnadma made a wager with Travis and Kacey, but who wins????? 
This is one to read if you need something light, funny, romantic and easy to read. defo 5*

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment