Sunday 16 November 2014

Number Thirteen By Bella Jewel



This isn't a dark romance, nor is it a light fluffy one. It's broken, and captivating, and a story of two people putting themselves back together. It's a story of a broken man who found his way to heal with Thirteen Girls. 

We're thirteen girls, captive to a man we rarely see. 
Obedience will become all we know. It is the only emotion we're permitted to feel. 
When we're bad, we're punished. When we're good, we're rewarded. Our scars run deep. Yet we survive, because we have to, because HE teaches us too. 
All of us are special, we feel it with everything we are. 
He has us for a reason, but it's a reason we don't know. 
We've haven't seen his face, but we know that something deeply broken lies beneath the darkness. With every touch, with every punishment, we know it. 
Then came the day he saved my life, and I saw him for the first time. He released something inside of me. 
He showed me who he truly is. 
Now I want him. 
I'll go against Everything I know to be with him. 
A monster. 
My monster. 
Loving him is a sin, but a sinner I am. 
I won't stop until I see every part of him. 
Even the parts he keeps locked deep down inside. 
I am Number Thirteen, and this is my story.


I don't even know how to start with this book. I was kind of confused what was going on with it. Like where had the girls come from? Why was they taken? I tried so hard and I honestly thought I'd guessed not even a quarter of the way through, but I was completely wrong. I was no where near giving it the right guess. I'm still not entirely sure if I've got why he did it right, but hopefully I have. 

The girls are all numbered, none of called by name and are treated good and bad through the book. 
 I was a little skittish on my view of William, but after a while you could see he was generally trying to do some good in the word. 
While I'm on the subject of William I could not believe what had happened to him. It made me physically sick thinking of what thoses bullies did to him. I felt so deeply for him and I can now understand why he did with the girls. 

I can't give out too much as it would ruin the plot. But like I say, never go by my word, these books aren't for everyone. They're dark, kind of twisted and roughless. That said, the book was flawless and had true meaning behind it. Even only a few other people viewed certain things the same. 

4.5*

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment