Saturday 22 November 2014

Game (Gentry Boys #3) By Cora Brent



Stephanie...
As a bookie, I know more about money lines, pay sheets and point spreads than any six men. I always thought I was in control until a terrible betrayal taught me otherwise. The price was my dignity and I can't bear to make any more mistakes.
Chase Gentry figured it would be easy to get to me. He thought I was like every other girl, just dying to spread wide for him. I knew it was a rotten gamble to get mixed up with a guy too smart and too hot for his own good. Chase is destined to be as much trouble to those around him as he is to himself. But it's too late. He's already won my heart.
Everyone around us insists that we're wrong for each other; too intense, too explosive. Everyone might be right.

Chase...
Gentry men aren't supposed to be very bright. We're big. We're brutal. Women can't wait to invite us inside. I know I can have any one of them I want any time I want.
It seems unlikely that some bad-tempered chick and her snotty attitude would keep my interest but here it is. Stephanie has no idea what she does to me. I want that girl in more ways than I can even talk about.
It should have been enough to have her and be done with it. But no matter how volatile we are together, it's never enough. To hell with anyone who objects. I'm not letting her go.


I will admit this one is the best one in the Gentry boys that I've read. I know I didn't particularly get excited over the first two, but like I said in their reviews, I love the Gentry boys.  Especially Chase Gentry. He has made me laugh so much through the books, but not as much during this one. He's still a likable character. 

I liked Stephanie's character. She was stubborn, shy, sweet, caring, hard faced, but still managed to be so likable. The only thing I couldn't see Stephanie doing is falling in love as quickly as she did. Someone with her past, her trust issues and her personality, doesn't seem the type to just fall in love, especially with the biggest whore out of the Gentry boys. It's what made me not connect to the book. 
That said, it was better written than the other books. 

3* 

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment