Wednesday 1 October 2014

Fallen Forth Down (Fallen Crest Series #4) By Tijan



My mother tried to destroy me. She doesn’t exist to me anymore and my father, the one who raised me and the biological one, are both works in progress. The only two people that I can trust are Mason and Logan, and they’re the two people who I could lose. It won’t happen. I won’t let it. No matter the truth, no matter who loves me, I won’t let anything or anyone come between us. 
They’re my world. They’re my life. 
They’re my family. 

I have been waiting for this book for so bloody long, I nearly died of excitment when a friend rang me to tell me it's live. It didn't help I was in the middle of a food store, squealing over a book being released LOL 

I have a mixed review on this book. Like massive mixed reviews. 
I have always wondered where Tijan was going with Fallen fourth down, so I was surprised she went completely off track in this one in places. Here are my reasons why....

1) It says Sam lost her virginity with Jeff's cousin Jackson in this one, but in the first one Jeff comments to her about having sex once and never having it off her again. Also, she tells Mason she has only had sex once. (Where the new story line came from I don't know)
2) Mason in the second novel, towards the end, confesses his love to Sam. She know's she loves him too, but he knew before she did that she loved him. Anyway, they're having this conversation where Sam asks his views on cheating (Her way of asking if he'd cheat) and Mason then comments about not having time for people who cheat, he says it's weak, no matter how bad a relationship is etc, there is no excuse. So, why in this novel, did Mason not react to his discovery about her cheating? which brings me to my next fault, but I'll get to that in a minute. I was certain he would react badly, look at Sam differently as I'm sure (but not certain on this) that when they had this conversation in the second novel, he told Sam he knew she weren't like everyone else. She wasn't a cheat, she knew the affects cheating causes etc. 
3) Then we have the whole Logan issue. This statement is going to sound pretty cryptic because I don't want to give anything away. Basically, the third installment ended with Tate telling Sam Logan loved her. So when it all comes out, no one reacted the way I thought they would, especially Mason. 
4) Marissa. I don't know where to begin. So many thing's didn't add up. It says in this novel that they were friends for years, although Tate had picked on her at a cabin party in book one. Again, it didn't add up. Tate had said on one scene she felt bad about what she had done to Marissa and went to make things right before going back to Fallen crest, but then she contradicts herself by saying she's been friends with her for years. I thought maybe the fight at the cabin had been a set up, but then towards the end Marissa bares all and again, nothing adds up. 

Put aside all these issues, which are easily ignored, I absolutely loved the book. I didn't like how it ended. It felt to abrupt for me, but I think it's because the old Mason and Logan just come back. Throughout the book I felt like they had changed. 
Then we have Logan, my lovely Logan ;) he had me in stitches numerous of times throughout the book. I couldn't stop the laughter from breaking out. It was so goddamn funny. 
I also loved how Sam started sticking up for herself with people, but I still don't get why she's so mean to her dad. Not her real one the one who raised her. She as well as any of them know how her mother was so really she should sympathize with her dad on that matter, not be against him. 
I would have loved to have read more about her relationship with Marks mom. There's a scene in the book that not only made me laugh, but made me feel like crying. I hope Sam has a happy ending, I hope they all do. 
I cannot wait for the next in the series to come out. I just hope we're not all left hanging, and it's ready mid year next year. 

4*   

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment