Saturday 13 September 2014

Assumption: Underground Kings By Aurora Rose Reynolds



as·sump·tion: 

a thing that is accepted as true or as certain to happen, without proof 

They say when you assume that you make an ass out of you and me. Kenton Mayson learned this lesson firsthand when he made assumptions about Autumn Freeman and the kind of woman she is based on what little information he had. What he finds out is she’s not only beautiful, but also smart, funny, a fighter, and exactly the kind of woman he wants to share his life with. Autumn made assumptions of her own about Kenton, and now he needs to prove her wrong in order to protect her and their future. 


Assumption? That's what I did before buying this book. I assumed it to be like another book I had read, but I was mistaken. 
Autumn Freeman is more than a stripper, more than a pretty face, and more than a nurse. The one thing that stuck out to me about her was a comment she said about appearances. About girls being jealous of her, calling her names. It's true. Someone sees a pretty girl and they automatically think sl*g. It's the same with men, they see a gorgeous women, they don't want to get to know her, they want to bang her. So it was nice for an author to say how it really is. 
I enjoyed Autumn's character, she made me laugh, especially with her banter. So bloody funny. I also shed a tear for her past, it was emotional to say the least. 

Then we have cocky, hot, Kenton Mayson who I actually adored from the beginning. He came across as honest, and even though at first he saw her as others see her, I still really liked him, but then Autumn had her own assumptions about Kenton. 

The story plot is really good. I had to read it through one sitting because it was that good. Although the action doesn't really start until the end, it's still an amazing book to read. 
The only problem I had with this book was a few of the sentences didn't make any sense what-so-ever and I found myself re reading it to make some sense of it using my own words LOL. 

eg.... I scoot back up the bed as he crawls to me, his legs spreading my hips wide. When it should have said ....I scoot back up the bed as he crawls up to me, his hips spreading my legs wide.

There were a few sentences like this and a few mistakes. Other than that I loved the book. 

5*



Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment