Monday 8 September 2014

A lil less broken By Tara Oakes



Lil's and Jay lived their very own fairytale biker romance. He was her first love, her only love. She was what he needed, what he wanted. 

Insecurities, fear and misconceptions lead Lil's to make a heartbreaking decision to abandon that life and love behind, before it consumes and destroys her as it did her mother years earlier. 

But.. moving on isn't so easy when you are deeply connected to your past. 

When Lil's finds herself in a whirlwind of danger her knight in shining armor, er..., her badass biker on a Harley bails her out. But at what cost?


A lil less broken was recommended by a fellow follower. I have to say, it was an OKAYISH story. It didn't get my heart racing, or make me wish there was more. I did enjoy it though, and will be reading the next in line. 
Lili ran away from her boyfriend and her family because of some poor misjudgement she made, it didn't help her mom had been poising her mind for years. 

There were a lot of spelling errors for this to be published. I always ignore the odd few because, Hell, it happens to the best of writers, but this one had one every other sentence and couldn't be ignored. 
There was a lot of she sad instead of she said, stuff like that. 
I've rated it a 3* as the ending, although not much of a cliffhanger, made me want to read the next one. (which I will be) She didn't leave much to keep us guessing. I knew what happened, she should have made it so we didn't know what was happening. 

For a debut novel, this was a really good start, and I hope she improves with the next novel and gets beta's to give it a once over before hitting that publish button :) 

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment