Sunday 24 August 2014

Ugly Love By Colleen Hoover



When Tate Collins finds airline pilot Miles Archer passed out in front of her apartment door, it is definitely not love at first sight. They wouldn't even go so far as to consider themselves friends. But what they do have is an undeniable mutual attraction. 
He doesn't want love and she doesn't have time for a relationship, but their chemistry cannot be ignored. Once their desires are out in the open, they realize they have the perfect set-up, as long as Tate can stick to two rules:
Never ask about the past and don't expect a future.
Tate is determined that she can handle it, but when she realises that she can't, will she be able to say no to her sexy pilot when he lives just next door!
This new romance from Colleen Hoover will have you laughing and crying in equal measure - definitely her best book yet!


My review 

I am going to give my honest review on this one, but I want to start with the only negative I found for me. I just want to point out though, that there was nothing at all wrong with the story or anything. 

Okay, I found the book really hard to get into. I didn't feel like it flowed together and I had to keep reading things over and over. It also stopped every 2 seconds and would be shortened sentence. It's really hard to explain without making the book sound bad, when the book is brilliant. 
It was like reading a poem, but a story. It's hard to explain and I wish I could. I did write on my facebook page to see if anyone else had this problem and they didn't. So it could be the way I viewed the novel. 
In the book it is written in two POV. One is Tate, who is the female heroin and the other is Miles, the male heroin. Tate's was still short sentenced, but I found I got used to it 40% in. I also realized that Miles's POV was in fact meant to come across as a poem kind of thing. 

Now the good stuff, I know above isn't kind of bad, but it's how the book read to me, so please do not take that as a negative not to buy because you'll be missing out on such a beautiful story. 
I loved both characters from the very beginning. I was so intrigued by Miles that I wish we could have had a present up-to-date POV from him, but I'm glad we didn't. I loved getting to know the old Miles and the new from Tate's POV. 

The story is so emotional and takes you on a complete rollacoaster full of them. I couldn't put it down. I finished it this morning and was so glad I got used to how it was written because I've never read such an inspiring novel such as this. It was so real like, that I couldn't even mentally tell myself it was just a book. I was sobbing come the end and in a good and bad way. 

4* For Colleen on what maybe her best work to date and I've read all her novels. This was brilliant and one for everyone to read.


"If I were capable of loving someone.... it would be you"

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment