Saturday 9 August 2014

Tear (Seaside Series) #1 By Rachel Van Dyken



Life as a teenager is never easy. But for Natalee Murray, things have just gotten way more difficult. Bored with life, she can't wait to graduate high school and get out of town, especially considering the famous band members from AD2 suddenly start attending her school, making her once boring life, absolutely insane.

It starts with a pen. A single brush of fingers, and she is captivated.

But Alec and Demetri have a dark secret, one that could shatter their reputations and Natalee's heart. What do you do when one guy paints your life with color while the other infuses your soul with passion? How do you choose when your heart is divided?


Firstly, I just want to say, I never expected this to be a five star. I've read pretty much all of Rachel Van Dyken's novels, but this series never caught my attention. It is currently free on amazon, so I thought why the hell not. 
First thoughts? Why the hell didn't I read this sooner. 
Never have I fallen for two characters in my life so quickly. 

Alec is mysterious, mature, and level headed. Then Demetri is the clown of the two. He's honestly the most funniest character I have ever read about. I loved him, but always felt like his relationship with Nat wasn't right. It was forced, and he only cared about himself. 

The story line is bloody great, and I had purchased the 2nd within two seconds of finishing this one. 

The only negative thing I had to say about this book was the beginning. It says Nat's parents were controlling, never letting her to parties or to wear makeup or have a boyfriend, etc etc. 
But in the book they were always absent. She always felt like they never cared for her. Then when she brings back Demetri, who her mother is currently counselling, no one says anything, and her mother out of all people knew their reputation. 
I just felt that had been overlooked. 


Anyway all in 5* will be writing next reviews in the series now.

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment