Thursday 28 August 2014

Fighting to stay By Kacey Millstead




Lacey Monroe was used to running. When things got bad, when things got dangerous, when there was a chance that she would get hurt – physically or emotionally – she did what her momma said. She ran. She kept running, until she landed in Salt Rock, Alabama. She meets Roam Cooper, the Vice President of the Mayhem Motorcycle Club. For the first time in her life, Lacey considers staying…and then right before her eyes, her world falls apart, and she runs again. 


This book would have been my ideal book had it not lacked emotion or been realistic. I know novels are meant to be fiction, but there should be some sort of feel to it that makes the impossible feel possible. This book has HUGE potential. I think the author should have worked with some readers and asked for their opinion on it. I found it lacked so much. It also dragged in places. 

Then the ending could have gotten this another star, but it was completely boring. I hate giving bad reviews, because I know how much time and effort go into a book and how hard it is. This story was not thought out properly. It need some excitement, some action, just something. I found it easy to put to the side and carry on and do what I needed to do. Had the ending or the attacks that had been happening to Lacey been built up more, this book would have been brilliant. 
In case of spoilers, don't read below this ..... 

Few things I would have changed...
  • Lacey's issues and the character you make her come across should have made her into a completely different character. you made her out to be one thing but had her acting like another character. It confused me. She was either a vulnerable, weak, scared, runaway girl, who runs from problems, has commitment issues, men issues, trust issues and everything else or she's this out going, easy to jump into bed with a man and woman, not knowing either's name, falls in love quickly, moves in quickly, has sass. Let's just say, it really confused me. 
  • Back to the sex part. Which basically goes back to my first statement. Lacey doesn't seem to come across as the girl who sleeps with someone, let's a woman join in and touch a woman whilst having sex with a complete stranger, one she doesn't even know the name to. This don't seem right when she has trust issues with men. She should be picky when it comes to the people she sleeps with. 
  • The break ins. I felt like they didn't happen. I can't explain it, but I was skimming through the book wondering what the hell is going on. Bricks get thrown into windows everyday, why would it be about Lacey? Then, the bar manager Mike says her name was written on the wall. So what? Hows that meaning she's in danger? Something more should have been added or something worse should have directly happened to Lacey. 
  • The crazy ex, who Lacey also had sex with, should have had more of an appearance in this novel, as she was included in the plot. We should have seen her sniff around Roam. That way, when she came to the door ''knocked up'' Lacey would have had a reason to believe her. In stead, a man she is with pretty much all his free time was meant to have gotten some other girl pregnant. 
  • Then we have the four years apart.... I don't even know how to begin to explain this. I found it really immature. She should have had time to adjust and get over her hurt. But to stay away for that long seemed really inappropriate.
  • Then we have Lola, the four year old girl. Who sounds like a twelve year old. The words she says and just the way she has been written makes her seem fake. 
  • Lola again, when Roam comes back into the picture and meets her, he takes a four year old out on a bike. Now, I have three kids and no way would I let them anywhere on the back of the bike. Especially one of my girls at the age of four. Pretty dangerous if you ask me. Now going round a park on one, or somewhere where other people and cars in involved, then maybe yeah, but to pick them up on a bike, drop them off on a bike, wasn't really appropriate.
  • The ending, the big ending. Was a little tiff in a super market. What the hell? It wasn't even exciting. she said a few words then walked off. I don't know about anyone else, but if someone tried to ruin my life in that way, i'd have more words to say than that. 
  • Then we have the way she's dealt with, she's arrested coming out the store. why? what for? they have no proof she was behind the bricks thrown in her works window or that she pinched the booze from there. So why was she arrested? it doesn't explain. I was waiting for her to have a massive argument, get threatened by the woman then go tell Roam. Roam would try help her stay safe, but then the woman would go psycho and kidnap Lacey or something. I don't know. Something more than what there was. 
Overall, I gave it a one star. I really didn't enjoy the story whatsoever. i feel so bad giving this review, but I wish I would have read other reviews first to see what I was getting myself into. 


Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment