Sunday 17 August 2014

Elicit #4 By Rachel Van Dyken



Cursed, numb, rejected, scorned, wicked, sinister, dark, twisted...my name is Tex Campisi and this is my legacy. I killed my father in cold blood and lost my soul right along with him. 
I crave war more than peace, and I'm about to take my place in history as the youngest Capo dei Capi in the Cosa Nostra...that is until someone stops me, saves me from myself. 

But the only person able to do that...is my best friends sister, Mo Abandonato, and she just ripped my heart out and asked me to hold it in my hands while she put bullets through it. 

Im cursed so I did it. 
I'm numb so I held it. 
I'm wicked so I liked it. 
I used the pain Mo caused as a catalyst to turn into my biggest nightmare--the five families greatest enemy. It's my turn to take a stand, knowing full well I'm going to lose my mind to the madness that is the American Mafia. I've always been told Blood is thicker than life. I wish I would have listened. Because regardless of who you love? You will betray. You will kill. 
Blood Always Wins. 
The only way out is death...yours. 

Welcome to the Dark Side of the Family.


When I read the last part of the third installment, I was excited for this novel I have a few negative thoughts on this book and was slightly disappointed. 
One ~ was the constant errors in it. I found it hard to read at times, especially when I didn't know if someone was still speaking aloud or thinking in their head. 
Two~ was the book was really short and ended before 80%, the rest was filled with chapters to other different books. 

Now the good thing is the story line. I loved getting to know Tex and his relationship with Mo. 
I predicted most the outcome by the beginning, but I won't spoil it for those who have yet to read it. 
I will give you a sneak clue. There are big surprises installed. I honestly never saw the one thing coming.
I was confused on parts of it because I presumed they put something in Mo's arm to track her and listen and was the reason why she whispered the safe word to Tex when he asked her if she loved him. I just felt like I was misunderstood a lot and got easily confused. 

However, everything that comes together makes it perfect for another book. I cannot wait to read the next installment of the elect series. 
This isn't the best one to be written, but Tex is my favorite character. 
The book has so much humor and funny scenes. It was great. 

Even with my negative points, this isn't a bad review. I loved how Rachel brought the characters back together and kept certain things a mystery to us. I've rated Elicit a 4* and I'm excited to read more of her work. Well done.



Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment