Friday 25 July 2014

The Intern VOL: 1 2 3 By Brooke Cumberland



She's sexy, fierce, and a loud-mouthed know-it-all...and she's completely off limits.

Cecilia isn't your typical college student. Hell, she isn't a college student at all, but that doesn't stop her from applying for one of the biggest and prestigious enterprises in the Midwest.

She wants it. She takes it.
She doesn't let anything get in her way when it comes to finding out the truth.

When Bentley Leighton, soon-to-be CEO of Leighton Enterprises, meets "Ceci," he's instantly impressed. He doesn't have time to train a new intern. However, when he sees her that first day, his intentions begin to change.

He's the boss. She's the intern.
Nothing can happen. It's against the company rules.

Then again, some rules were made to be broken.
What starts as innocent flirting becomes raveled up into so much more--secrets, lies, deceit.
The story continues ....



I didn't really get along with the first one to be honest. I didn't feel connected, although I read all three I wouldn't have given the second a try if it wasn't for the reviews. I didn't feel like the cliff hanger in the first one was good enough to say the least. 

In volume two it starts off from where the first ended, which in some ways, some readers may have been excited about, but I thought the beginning was pretty lame. I did enjoy this book better than the others I will admit as I rated it a four star. 

The in the third book it skips a few years, then more and so on and I felt like it was to big of a gap for someone so young not to move on fully, and in love. I know what they had came across real (sometimes) but I felt like a girl her age, someone so stubborn and driven that she would have found a way to move past the heart break. 
I was disappointed that she was in a relationship, but over joyed when she immediately broke it off with him for Bentley. 

The story plot is what kept me reading from volume one. I wanted to see what happened, what the secret was, and was really angry when it revealed what it was. No way could all that intisipation, all that, 'oh my god something great is going to happen' and then end like that, but it did. It was made the rating so Low. 
To me it felt like the author couldn't be bothered to write any more and wanted to just get it finished. Action should have been taken, some twists or just something. I felt the last book bored me to death after nothing happened. I wanted her moms NEW boyfriend to end up been someone after the stuff in the box, or the money, or bloody something LOL. Hate to ruin it so I'm not going to tell you what was the conclusion was or how it actually ended between the two. 
I would recommend to certain readers, as they might enjoy it. For me I love some action, some twists, in this book you get none. It's all there, plain as day for you to see. 

Volume one: 3*
Volume two: 4*
Volume three: 3*


Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment