Friday 4 July 2014

Stupid girl By Cindy Miles




After her senior year of high school leaves behind nothing but heartache, Olivia Beaumont is sure of this: She's no stupid girl. She sets out for Winston College, promising herself that she will remain focused on her first and only love - astronomy. But all it takes is cocky sophomore Brax Jenkins and an accidental collision with a football, to throw her entire year off course.

A quick-tempered Southie who escaped the inner city streets of Boston to pitch for Winston, Brax is known to play way more fields than just the baseball diamond. So, when his name is drawn to take part in his fraternity's hazing dare, Brax eagerly accepts the mission to take Olivia's virginity. But he doesn't plan on falling hard for the sweet and sassy Texas girl who sees right through his bad-boy persona.

As Olivia and Brax battle their feelings for each other, echoes of the past year begin to surface. A boy who once turned Olivia's whole world upside down reappears, and "harmless" pranks wreak havoc. Pretty soon the aspiring astronomer is on the verge of revealing her most difficult, heartbreaking secret. All the while, Brax must wrestle with the irrevocable dare, and Olivia struggles against all logic as she does the one thing only a stupid girl would do: fall in love.


I really have mixed views on this novel. Stupid girl seems to fit the title. I'm sorry, but she was raped, and thought she couldn't remember, and because they had a video of her off her face? um, no. That's still rape. What pissed me off was her BROTHERS found her, with him. Yet, he was never charged with anything because he's rich. I'm sorry. She had hospital evidence, along with the blood tests saying she was drugged, a personal statement about her personality from a teacher to show what person she is, and plus two eye witnesses. And they didnt do anything. I still didnt understand even when she explained. As a mom, I would lose everything I owned to send down someone who touched my daughter, even if in the end they got off scott free. Anywayyyy .... like I said mixed issues. 

I loved the characters in the novel, kind of. It was a typical geek meets Jock story and it was cliche all the way through, but it worked. Kind of. 
I also found it dragged a lot and found myself skipping through pages. 

I did give it a 3* Because although I clearly have my issues with the novel, I still finished it happily and wanted to know the outcome.  

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment