Tuesday 22 July 2014

King By Jamie Begley



King 

My good intentions always led to disaster. The cold hard truth is that I was never meant to be a father to Lily. Staying in Treepoint, Kentucky for a few weeks to get to know my daughter was meant to be a time of discovery, instead I find out that she’s married to a killer and living in a sex club. I’m going to find out how to destroy The Last Riders and give Lily the future she deserves. 

Evie 

He thinks I’m a whore; he doesn’t know me. I’m nobody’s fool, but he thinks he’s going to use me to find The Last Riders only weakness. That’s his biggest mistake of all. There’s more to me than meets the eye. King thinks he’s too good for me, that I’m less than dirt in his eyes. What the King of Queen City is going to find out too late is that I’m his judge, and I hold his life in my hands. 


I love Lilly, and Shade, So I was glad we still got to see more of their story and that Lilly finally got some piece of mind. Plus, she has her father back. 
When we meet him in Shade's fall, I never expected him to be the man he is in this book. I don't know why. The blurb had me buying it the second I read Kings part. Then I ONE CLICKED!! 
The book didn't disappoint either. I've been hoping since the first of The last riders novel that Evie would finally get her man, but she never did. Well, until now. Jamie couldn't have picked anyone better for her either. I loved Evie. She was a lost soul and I suppose she still is in a way. In the end I was happy to see everyone happy. 
This novel ended with us wanting more though. Evies sister isn't who she acts like she is. She's a conniving b i t c h and vindictive. I am hoping in the next novel, they put her in her place as I never understood if they dealt with her. 
I don't want to give anymore away, but this novel is brilliant and we get to see a side to Evie that no one else does. Not really. We get to know the real her, the way her mind ticks, and why she does what she does for a living. Lets hope we get to read more. 

5*

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment