Tuesday 24 June 2014

Unmasked By Cassia Leo



I was born into this world unwanted. 

I spent the first hours of my life unloved. 

I spent the first eighteen years of my life with the parents who tried to shelter me from the harsh reality of my existence. 

But you can’t un-write a sad story if the ending is literally written all over your face. 

So I moved out and now I hide. I have a night job that pays the bills. Every night, I put on my mask and walk to work. 

Then one night, I hear and see something that will change my purpose in life... forever: a murder that will bring him to me. 

He says he wants to protect me. And, through a series of events I can’t fully make sense of, I find myself believing him. 

But our nightly visits are always cloaked in darkness. I don’t know his face and he will never know mine. 

I was born into this world unwanted. I will leave this world unmasked.

Ahhhhh, I literally read this within the hour of purchasing. I couldn't put it down it was that good. From the moment I started to the minute I finished. 

She's got a skin disorder, with defective eyes. She doesn't go out in the day light and she doesn't have any friends. When she witnesses a crime, she ends up becoming friends with the detective, but they only meet in the dark. 

I'm kind of classing this as a dark read, although its not, i feel like it will be becoming that. It had such an epic ending, that I'm hoping we dont have to wait long for the next installment.

There isnt much I can say about the book without giving something away and I don't want to ruin the novel for anyone. Let's just say though that there are a few things I NEVER saw coming and was completely flabbergasted when it was done. 



5*

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment