Monday 16 June 2014

Surviving Raine By Shay Savage



As the captain of a schooner catering to the elite on the Caribbean Seas, Sebastian Stark does his best to avoid any human encounters. Interacting with people isn’t his thing, and he prefers the company of a bottle of vodka, a shot glass, and maybe a whore. There’s no doubt he’s hiding from a checkered past, but he does well keeping everything to himself… 

…until the night his schooner capsizes, and he’s stuck on a life raft with one of the passengers. 

Raine’s young, she’s cute, and Bastian would probably be into her if he wasn’t suffering from alcohol withdrawal. As the days pass, DTs, starvation, and dehydration become the norm. Even the most closed person starts to open up when he thinks he’s going to die, but when she realizes their traumatic pasts are connected, it’s no longer the elements that have Bastian concerned. 

He has no idea how he’s going to Survive Raine. 


You know when a book stays with you because it was just that heartwarming? well Surviving Raine is just that. It will stay with you for the rest of your life and not just because its a SOS survivors guide. 
They say you learn something new everyday with Surviving Raine I learnt that much more. I couldn't put it down at times. 



The novel had you feeling like you were on that journey with them. Everything that was going on I felt. To be honest surviving Raine was an unusual read for me because I'm usually into biker novels, or something more on edge. 
I honestly thought the book would be boring. I mean who can make a book with two characters and a boat interesting? Shay Savage is who. 
Although I found the book dragged at times I still enjoyed it till the very last page and I can't wait to read more from this author. 

3.5*




Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment