Sunday 2 March 2014

Hero By Leighton Del Mia



Calvin Parish 
They call me Hero. 
I defend. 
I protect. 
I ask for nothing in return, and that makes me good. 
Doesn’t it? 

That which makes me the ultimate predator also feeds dark impulses I’ve learned to control—until I bring her too close. For years I’ve watched her from afar, but what started out as duty has become obsession. 

Cataline Ford 
I work hard. 
I play by the rules. 
I’m content. 
My scars are quiet and invisible, and that keeps me hidden. 
Doesn’t it? 

One fateful walk home, I’m taken by someone I didn’t know I should fear. Captive and afraid, nobody will tell me why I’m confined to this hauntingly beautiful mansion. I’m given everything; I have nothing. He takes what he needs from me, and for that I hate him. But I might have loved him once. 

And just because you’re reading this doesn’t mean I survive him. 
Read on for my review.... 



This novel reminds me of Batman, Spider man and every other hero film or comic i have seen. Only it has a twist in it which makes it different to them. 

I loved the story plot and the characters were amazing to read about. 
What got me was Cataline. I wasn't sure if what she claimed Calvin did was rape or wanted. I am still confused over that. Even when she was forced an orgasm from Guy, her head said she didn't want him touching her but then she wanted him too. It confused me so much because i didn't know how to label it. 
When Calvin forced her mouth on him i was completely shocked. Even then i was confused as to what Cataline actually wanted. 
I think that is the only part of the novel that really confused me, i wasn't sure whether to hate or love Calvin at that point. 
Then there is a time when he lands a hand on her physically and apart from been shocked i was disappointed. It was the one thing that made me dislike him. 

Other than that i loved this novel. Such an exciting read, and very addictive. 

5* 

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment