Thursday 20 February 2014

The scars of us By Nikki Narvaez


Kaiya Marlow has always been cautious, precise in every decision she makes. When her dark past threatens to resurface, she decides to take precautions to protect herself by enrolling in self-defense classes at her gym. 

Her instructor, Ryker Campbell, is the tattooed womanizer everyone warns about. Kaiya attempts to resist Ryker's advances, but the more time they spend training together, the harder it is for Kaiya to resist him. 

Ryker's view on relationships is simple: strictly sex, nothing more. Haunted by demons from his past, he never allows himself to become attached to any woman. No attachment means no weakness, no vulnerability, no pain. He doesn't realize that his whole world is about to be turned upside down when Kaiya enters his self-defense class. Determined to have her, at least for one night, Ryker sets a plan into motion that will change both of their lives forever. 

Will love be able to heal their scars, or are they too deep to overcome? 
Read on for my review ...



I thought this book had huge potential but the writing is what put me off it. I was so confused and kept losing the flow of the book. 
The novel is written in past tense but it was happening in present tense. I did bring this up to the author but never got a reply. So no one judge me for this review. 

  Now as for the story i thought it was really good, dark? yes. Both characters of the novel are really interesting, with both different haunted pasts it was nice to read about two lost souls coming together. 

 The ending was the best part of the novel, it was exciting and thrilling and was glad with the out come. 
 I was sad to give the novel 2*, its just it dragged so much through the book and we never really got to see the main characters as a couple just as one teaching the other self defense. 

 I do apologize to anyone i offend writing this but thought i would share my opinion on it. Please do not take my review into account on what you think or will think of the novel. I'm sure everyone has different reading material.

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment