Saturday 1 February 2014

The Ride By Jaci J



Tank 
It had always been about the ride. My love for the ride is what fuels me. It’s what drives me. That freedom of the open road in front of you with not a damn thing holding you back is what I crave. 
I don’t need much, shit I don’t want much out of life. My bike, my club, my brothers, my money, and occasionally a warm and willing women in my bed is what I need. 
I liked my life that way. It works for me. I enjoyed the familiarity of it. But slowly things were changing. I can feel that change in the air. It's everywhere. There comes a point in your life where things just change. No matter how much I fight it. No matter how hard I hang on, it's changing. Whether by choice or not. For better or worse it gets turned upside down on its fucking head. The moment I laid eyes on her shit changed forever. Things were on their way to changing, but fuck if she didn't tip that shit right over. She hit me like a blow to the chest crippling me. Rocking my world. That girl completely blew everything I thought I wanted to shit. She took me on a wild ride and for better or worse she changed everything for me. 
Lil 
The loud rumble of pipes fills me with a sense of home. Deep gruff male voices remind me of nights spent sitting at the bar listening to the guys tell me stories. The smell of leather, grease, and smoke brings back memories of hot summer days spent around the compound. The sound of classic rock makes me want to dance. A group of rough and mean men makes me smile. Seeing a beautifully crafted bike makes my heart beat a little faster. A man in leather always makes me hot. The feel of the vibration through my body from a perfectly tuned bike takes me right back to my old life. Some things never change. Sometimes those things are never meant to change. Although much hadn't changed since I left, a few things had. The loss of loved ones, the addition of new ones. With one new addition to life things changed for me forever. My life will never be the same. He changed it all. 
Read on for my review ...


Loved this book!
There was always some drama going on. 
Lil is kind of the perfect chick, every about her she does with grace. 
How she handled situations, Tank, women, her dad, even with her captures she was badass. Didn't take no shit from any of them and I loved it. 

Tank is an alpha male surrounded by a lot of alpha male testosterone, so when he first lays eyes on Lil, he claimed her before any of them could. I loved his protective side, his sweet side, and his bossy side. Perfect bad ass.

Then it leads me towards the ending when Tank is a complete N O B to Lil, without even getting her side of the story. It was then I thought; how immature are you. He ran away without even talking it through and as he confronted her throughout the book on petty shit I was surprised he walked away from her so easily. 

Basically, Tank is Lil's father's VP, and he's protective of his daughter. Having had a ex-boyfriend who she thought she loved shot in front of her, she never wanted to get involved with anyone from the MC again. 
Tank and Lil prove this situation to be painfully impossible as neither can keep away from the other or their hands to themselves. The sexual tension was just off the charts.

There is a lot of twists and turns and a huge shock towards the end. One I didn't see coming. Out of all the things I predicted to happen, that was not one of them. 
Also, the two think they are keeping Lil's father in the dark about their secret relationship, only, he knew. He knew they'd hit it off and had already given them his blessing. 

Read to find out more.

I was going to rate the novel a 4* but the book had too many mistakes in it, breaking the flow of the story too many times for me to count. I have just noticed it has come off Amazon so maybe the author is correcting these errors? Usually, I can look past simple spelling mistakes, but in this novel it ruined the flow of the book. 

That said, the book was totally amazing. I loved the story plot and was sad to see it end, I wanted to read more. 

Hope you guys enjoy.    

3*

UPDATED VERSION (26TH APRIL 2016) 

I've purchased the new edited version, so thought I'd give you an update. 

One, I had to repurchase the book. So, not only do I have one ebook copy, but now I have two. 

This wouldn't bother me normally. I mean, I knew I was going to enjoy the book since I liked it last time and when I saw it had been edited I needed to know if the story improved. 
Yes it was edited. Yes, it made it easier to read. BUT..... There were still a lot of errors throughout the book. The author has obviously paid someone to review this for her, and I can tell you that editors cost A LOT!! I tend to type so fast I make millions of mistakes, so I know how easily it's done. That said, you pay an editor to do a job. They work for you. It's you employing them. So when they don't do the job as well as they should, it's unfair to an author. They lose money, not only on edits, but on sales. Because once a review, LIKE MINE, is out there, explaining to the whole world that the book is unedited and not up to scratch, no one is going to buy it. 

The only time I mention errors in books is when I see a lot of them. It's the only time I will mention it. 
So, I'm asking you to take a chance on this book. To take a chance on the author because her work is really good. The story is fantastic and will have you glued to your seat, I promise. I demolished the book within a day. 

So, for the new improved edited version, I am bumping it up to a 4* and will change this rating on all social network sites and Amazon and goodreads. 


Follow This Blog!

2 comments:

  1. Where can I download this book, have tried Amazon with no luck ?????? Help!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It maybe the author is working on something in the book. I would just keep checking

    ReplyDelete