Thursday 13 February 2014

Archers voice By Mia Sheridan





When Bree Prescott arrives in the sleepy, lakeside town of Pelion, Maine, she hopes against hope that this is the place where she will finally find the peace she so desperately seeks. On her first day there, her life collides with Archer Hale, an isolated man who holds a secret agony of his own. A man no one else sees. 

Archer's Voice is the story of a woman chained to the memory of one horrifying night and the man whose love is the key to her freedom. It is the story of a silent man who lives with an excruciating wound and the woman who helps him find his voice. It is the story of suffering, fate, and the transformative power of love. 
Read on for my review ....

Archers voice is totally amazing. What an inspiring novel. I have never been so attached to a novel like i have this one. I have had attachments to novels but this story was so exhilarating. 
Two people so different, yet the same in so many ways. Never will anyone ever be able to make me feel like i felt when i read this novel. 

Bree is an amazing woman. She truly is. Her past, her present and her future was a fantastic read and i loved every word.
Archer now he on the other hand i could have read about for hours. I don't even know if i can explain the way i want to how much his life got to me. What he went through, was going through must have been so hard. 
He was such an amazing character, i was sad for it to end. I got to 88% in the book and i kept saying please don't end, please don't end. 

Archers voice seemed so simple when i first started reading and i honestly thought it was going to be a sappy love story where at the end he finds his voice. Boy i was wrong. It was so much more. It had so many twist and turns. So many secrets you thought you knew but really you didn't. 

Travis who is Archer's cousin is a complete dick. When Bree confronts him to make more of an effort with Archer after leaving him alone with no one to talk to for so many years, he finally asks him out on a mans night out. Wanting to fit in and be one of the guys Archer goes. Big mistake. The little weasel takes him to a strip club. Need i say more. I really disliked him and the flash backs of him in one of Archers childhood memories really did not help. I hate him and i know its stubborn of me but even what he did in the end part of me still does lol. 

Now the ending. Mia Sheridan how could you do that to me. I nearly had a heart attack crying my eyes out thinking the worst. I really don't want to ruin the book for anyone who has yet to read it. I even cried when i realized the outcome. If i'm honest i cried a few times in the book. More though i laughed. 
When Archer makes a joke, Bree would reply '' you been funny?'' and he would nod. I found it so adorable. What had me laughing was a few comment though. Here are a few. 
Bree: Do you think you would do me a favor? If i call you right before i go into the police station, and put the phone in my pocket, will you just .... be with me?
Archer: Yes, yes. Of course i will. and i promise not to say anything. 
I know i shouldn't have but i couldn't help it i burst out laughing. Worst thing was i was in a fitting room waiting for my mom and the shop assistant thought i was crazy. Then i ended up gabbing about the book. too funny.
The next was 
Bree: How'd you get so brilliant?
Archer: I was already Brilliant. I just needed some world experience. I needed Thor. 
Bree: you been funny?
Archer: No i never joke about Thor. 

Yes i know to you who have yet had the pleasure of reading this beautiful novel will not find this funny. Just please trust me when i say it is. What i loved more then anything was when Bree asked him what he was doing there? or something else he would always say ' i was coming for you'. 
Brilliant story, heartwarming, heartbreaking and so so expiring. I will never ever for the rest of my life forget this novel. Truly amazing. 
5*
 
 
  
 
 

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment