Thursday 9 January 2014

Logan's Reaper By J.D.Lowrance



Logan 
I hear the rumble of the pipes before I even saw the motorcycles. I closed my eyes and savored the sound. I loved it and always found myself pausing when I heard one. I fell in love with the sound when daddy brought his bike home that first time. Other kids covered their ears and ran to stand behind their momma's, but not me. I raced towards the sound with my arms and eyes wide open never wanting it to stop. 
Logan Jones is hiding in a small town with her sister Campbell. Their gorgeous neighbor of the duplex they just rented is no other than the Soul Reapers' VP Colton Murphy. Her life was too complicated to add another layer of hot-ass biker to the mix. 
Colton 
She kept sneaking peeks at me from under her long lashes to see if my attention has moved on but after having seen her I did not think it would ever move on again. 
Colton Murphy has a good life with plenty of everything coming his way - woman, money, booze. He has plenty of time to settle down in a few years. That is until he returns from a run to find the long-legged, auburn beauty, Logan Jones, that has moved in next door. 
Read on for my 5* review .....

Ok so this was pointed out to me by Louise and i must say after reading the Mix reviews i was uncertain about reading it. Then like i always do i never judge a book by its cover. (Most of the time anyway). I was so shocked at how a short story could fit so much in. 
The novel had the potential and certainly had the cred to make a longer novel. 
It starts off simple and intriguing and although i found this tame for a biker novel i enjoyed it like the rest. 
The girls singing 22 had me in giggles because it's so something i would do. In fact i probably have done it. I loved the girls and loved the men but most of the story line was awesome. 
After been warned from their father the girls go on the run and into hiding but the topic as to why they are there never really come up. The boys never had their suspicions even when Colt asked Cam questions then later asked Logan the same questions, even then he still never pushed. Any other biker book and the bloke would have gone alpha on there ass and demand them to spill but now Colt never blinked an eye lash. 

The only negative word i have to say on the novel is the ending. It both angered me and excited me. 
It ends with a phone call been cut off and yes i know this isn't much to go on but you will thank me when you read it. The story ends their but then goes onto the epilogue of Logan and Colt before the wedding day. Leaving us guessing as to what happened after that phone call. And dam you J.D.Lowrance i seriously want to know, so i will be staying tuned for the next in the series and hopefully have my answers then. I hope. 

Lisa x
Have you read Logan's Reaper ? what did you think ? let me know 


Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment