Friday 22 November 2013

Make Me By Amanda Heath



Make me

Paisley Vaughn grew up on the wrong side of the tracks. After finding her mother dead from an overdose, Paisley and her baby sister are shipped off to live with her maternal grandparents. 
 She always knew they were rich, she just didn’t realize how rich they were. Now she’s being forced to go to a prestigious high school. One where the tuition is more money then she’s ever seen. 
 Thinking these rich kids are going to be snobbish and rude, she’s surprised to find the Vaughn name means she’s untouchable. Well unless your name is Channing Southerland. 
 Paisley has to navigate her new life and all the new people in it. While her mother might have lied about her grandparents, no one is lying about Channing. He’s beautiful, mean, arrogant, and turning her on. 
 Before long a war is fought, leaving Paisley wondering if she’ll be ruined or made. Though she might just fall irrevocably in love. 



Well firstly i would like to start off with how poorly the spelling is in the book. So many sentences didn't make sense AT ALL!!  It made the story difficult to understand. I could never fully get a grip of the story and picture it in my head. I have read Novels from Amanda Heath before and i have never noticed any spelling mistakes. This really did lower my rating on the book. 
 Also the book cover didn't seem right to me. The woman looks just that, a woman, not a sixteen year old girl who is at school. I hate putting a downer on a book, i really do but i want to be honest and i really do hate giving horrible feed back. Here is the good bits though ......

 That said this novel has huge potential. I loved the characters in it. Paisley's name took a while to get used too. I don't even think i pronounce it correctly. 
 She has had to grow up so fast too look after a baby as well as do her school work is truly amazing. I have children and i know how hard a new born can really be, let alone do it whilst at school, starving and with no money. 
 I wish we could have seen her more with Bee-bee, i liked the maternal side of Paisley. 

 Channing's name also took some used but i think that's because it hasn't got Tatum on the end. Yes i am totally a Channing Tatum fan and it was him i pictured whilst reading the novel. 
 He worried me at first as i never really understood why he disliked Paisley when he never knew her. As the story goes on though it all adds together. 

 Together i really do think the couple fit. They had an magnetic attraction but it was more, even with similar up bringing's they still managed to protect themselves. I think that is why Paisley never thought she would ever be interested in boys let alone fall in love with one. Then she meets Channing and it all changes for her. It was great to see. 

The Grandparents. I seriously had no idea who was the liar and who was telling the truth when it all began but something about her Grandma bugged me. I disliked her the moment she went to collect the Paisley and Bee-Bee from the trailer. 
 Then we get to hear her side of the story and i didn't know what to believe so the ending was interesting to say the least. 

 I did enjoy reading the book and i am excited to see who is pregnant in the second in the Make or break series. I have to go with my instinct and say i think it is Wesley and that it is why she has been avoiding Royal. But then i could be totally wrong. It has been known. 

The next installment is die to be released 2014, so will update on any news until then.  

Have you read this novel? what did you think? let us know ........

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment