Wednesday 27 November 2013

Fear of falling By S.L.Jennings


Fear of falling

I can't remember the last time I felt completely safe. Security seemed more like a luxury to me, reserved for those who were fortunate enough to have picture perfect childhoods. For those who didn't bear the ugly scars that keep me bound in constant, debilitating fear. I've run from that fear my entire life. But when I met him, for once, I couldn't run anymore.
He scared the hell out of me in a way that excited every fiber of my being. It wasn't the tattoos or the piercings. It wasn't the warmth that seemed to radiate from his frame and blanket me whenever he was near. It was just...him. The scary beautiful man that threatened to alter 23 years of routine and rituals, and make me face my crippling fear.
My name is Kami and I am constantly afraid. And the thing that scares me the most is the very thing I want.


This story isn't for the faint heart, and i seriously do not understand why my recommendations lately have all been about some sort of abuse. I will apologies in advance.
Like i have said before, no one will truly feel the fear that consumes you when it comes to abuse. What you will do to try make it easier. I am starting with this in general because this book is just so much more. Its about all those fears we have that build up making us fear life it self. S.L.Jennings writes a lovely letter at the end to the readers and i will also advise anyone who is ever in a situation similar or even completely different, do not let the fear of falling stop you from living. Do not stand back and let the cycle consume who you are. There are millions of woman, even men out there that have been through some tragic event in their life's but once you put a stop and seek the help you need to get yourself safe, it will be worth it. I promise. 

Sooooo anyway lets talk about the book.
Kami's fears are really common as i hate doors locked, not fond of the dark and just the general fear of the unknown. Everyone has them but Kami hers were heightened due to her abusive father. Fear of falling takes you on Kami emotional roller coaster and is written in so much depth, emotion and truth. I just couldn't get around how emotional i felt reading the book. I felt like i was there with Kami going through her fears. 
 The book is told in both Kami and Blaine's POV, it made the novel that much more deep and meaning full. Having kami side and why she thinks she cannot love or be loved while Blaine gives her a reason for every fear as to why she should be loved, why she is loved and why she can love. 

 Some of the scenes were extremely brutal and like i have said on another book review i can never understand why a parent or anyone would hurt a child. I can not even begin to tell you how heart breaking some scenes were. Kami has some deep emotional issues. 
 Towards the end of the book i felt like Kami was a little selfish towards Blaine but i could still understand her point when it come to him. I just felt like she contradicted herself about the protecting him from herself but she hurt Blaine playing on his own fear.

I love Kami and her friends Angel and Dom's friendship. They were like family and it warmed my heart knowing she had people around her to care. Well they all cared for each other. They all had there issues but managed to be each others anchors. 

Angel and Dom's escapades involving any sex or sexual encounters was hilarious. It made a brutal emotional book have a light funny edge to it. 
I did feel the book was a little long but i do think that is because i find it a hard subject to read about and i wasn't really expecting what i did. That said i have to say i have never and don't think i will ever read a book so meaningful and helpful as this one. There are answers in there for victims out there, if you read between the lines. 

overall i rate this book 5* :) Mostly i was thankful, that there wasn't a cliff hanger i think it would have killed me in this case. It was too much to read. although i really do want to know if S.L.Jennings will tell Dom and Angels story. 

Lisa x 

Have you read this book ? What did you think ? let us know     

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment