Monday 25 November 2013

Beautiful Broken Rules By Kimberly Lauren


Beautiful broken rules

What happens when you create rules to keep others out? 
One thing Emerson Moore has come to terms with is that she is the school slut. She knows her way around a frat house and how to get what she wants. She doesn’t make any excuses for her actions and she doesn’t pretend to be anything different. She is who she is and with that she knows how to have a good time. She’s made rules to keep relationships at bay and avoid the demons of her past. 
When her best friend, Cole has his two friends from back home move in with him she begins to think she has met her match with Jaxon Riley. Jax is the perfect mixture of tattooed muscle and a sweet-talking mouth. With “hand” written notes, a voice that exudes sex and knowing just how to get under her skin, Jaxon learns how to break all the rules. But will he just end up breaking her heart anyway? 


I really could not get into this book properly. It seemed to drag and the only story line was an insecure girl finding her way. 
I will never understand what men find attractive about a girl who sleeps around but then i can understand Emerson's reasons as to why. Men are asshole. Most of them anyway. 

 I like Emerson, she seemed a nice caring girl who was loyal to those around her. Even with her past defining her future it was nice to see Jax lead her into the light. Her ways of life were getting her no where and it wasn't helping her heal or confront her past issues. 
 The book labels her as a slut but although i don't find sleeping around attractive for male or female, I wouldn't class her as a slut. She has morals for starters, But for me it was her motives. She seemed like she wanted that comfort of a relationship but not the emotion of it, scared it will break her. 
I really did have mixed views on this novel, so excuse me if i contradict myself. Which i may A LOT !!. 

I loved Jax as soon as we meet him. The way he meets Emerson was comical. 
There were funny times during the book but not that many for me to brag about. I would say the part where Emerson sits down with the wrong twin had me in complete stitches. Apart from that scene nothing made this book scream Wow or have me loose the time of day. 

The relationship between the characters was the most frustrating one i have ever read about. I mean seriously he finally gets her to let him in for him to close the door on her. I just couldn't wrap my head around it, it gave me a headache trying. I cried when Emerson has her worst fears come true, i really did. How she finally opened up and it was all for nothing. Jax promised her to be patient but first sign of trouble he was a goner. It was really sad to read. 

All in all i rated the book as a 3* and that is only because the book dragged on for me but still i enjoyed reading the characters. I just feel like it could have been spiced up a bit with a bit more going on. 
 Either way this book has me wanting to read Jace's story - Jax identical twin- and see how this B.I.T.C.H Audrey fits into his life. I loved Jace he was one of my characters in there and i felt sorry for him been the fifth wheel in their little trio. 

Lisa x 

Have you read Beautiful broken rules ? what did you think ? 

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment